What Should I Bring?
- Running shoes
- Sports clothes (T-Shirts cannot show stomach or shoulders, pants must be below the knees. No white shirts for workouts)
- High socks + underclothes
- Undershirt must be either white or olive green. Undershirts cannot have any kind of collar or hood (In the winter it is recommended that you bring long-sleeve undershirts and long underwear as well)
- Watch with stopwatch feature
- Shaving kit – males who chose not to be with a beard
- Sheets, pillow, and blanket are not provided. Participants who chose to sleep with the provided mattress and sleeping bag only are welcome to.
** Cell phone with Israeli phone number is required
Highly recommended items:
- Small bag of laundry detergent
- Products to sooth dry lips/skin (chap-stick, vaseline, body lotion)
- Swiss army knife
- Sandals or flip flops for shower
- Notepad + pen (pocket size)
- Sewing kit
- Small lock for your back-pack
- For winter: Black gloves, hat and/or scarf
- Don’t bring valuable items, jewelry or large amounts of cash. Passport (or photocopy) must be available at all times
- Participants tend to appreciate having snacks late at night and during Shabbat (free time). ** Non-perishable items are recommended, but not necessary. three meals a day are provided**
- Use a large back-pack or duffel bag, preferably not a suitcase
- Try to bring as little as possible – Civilian clothing is needed only for sleeping and if desired, to “hang out” on Shabbat.
- All male participants must arrive on the opening day with a short haircut, otherwise they cannot start the program
- All participants must remove all visible piercings before arriving on the first day and are not permitted to wear them during the course. Bracelets, necklaces, rings, are also forbidden.